Simple interaction. Prepare the room and use it to its full potential by silent and mindful exploring of space and team spirit.
DurationMedium (about 30-60 minutes)
Group size1 to 20 persons
This activity is not suitable online.
As a matter of principle it is to the participants' advantage to start a workshop by becoming familiar with the space the group will be working in and to feel comfortable in it. When working with a big group on limited space it is also important to get a feeling for the team spirit. This method gives you the opportunity to do so. All participants explore the room by observation and perambulation. Simple interaction allows the participants to get used to the team spirit. If necessary in the end, the room can be adjusted to the upcoming workshop.
- Prepare the room (air the room e.t.c.)
- Introduce the method.
- Ask the participants to spread out in the room and to let it sink in.
- Invite the participants to walk around.
- Challenge them to stand still in front of each other for a few seconds before continuing to walk about.
- In the end the room can be adjusted as wished, e.g. move furniture that is disturbing.
Hints from experience
Apply this method yourself as preparation.
Forum Interactive,. (2008). People to people | Group exercise | Forum Interactive. Retrieved 20 August 2015, from www.foruminteractive.co.uk/2008/06/people-to-people-2
Back to list