Break the ice by playing taboo and get stimulated by adapting the words to the topic of your workshop. A fun way to get inspiration and introduce the participants to the topic.
DurationShort (up to 30 minutes)
Group size3 to 30 persons
This activity is suitable online.
This method is particularly suitable to start a workshop. In a fun and easy way the participants can break the ice. By choosing cards that fit the topic of the workshop you can stimulate the thinking of the participants and lead them in a certain direction that you want to go for. To play the game you need two groups that play against each other. The aim is to guess a certain word, which is provided on a game-card. Every team chooses a player, who has to explain the word on the card. The player is not allowed to mention the word itself and to make it more difficult, additional words that are written on the card. The first team to guess the word right gets a point. For each round the players rotate to explain the word.
- Prepare cards with words that fit the topic.
- Split the participants into 2 teams.
- Ask the first group to choose one player to explain the word.
- First player picks a card (without seeing what is written on it)
- First team to guess the word gets a point.
- Now a player from the winning team gets to explain the word.
- Play as many rounds as you wish to.
Hints from experience
To make it more difficult you can add words to the cards that the players are not allowed to say. As an alternate you can also limit the time the teams have to guess the word.
- Flipchart or Whiteboard
- Writing utensils, pen, pencil
Back to list